CONTEST TO PUBLISH
Thank you for visiting selfpub.com today!
You’ve heard me talk about good and bad practices that authors can run across in the self-publishing field, but now I’m going to put my money where my mouth is.
I am going to publish one of you through my publishing site fourdoorspublishing.com. How am I going to do this? I’m going to hold a contest, of course!
Email me your manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “selfpub.com contest” in the subject line and I will choose one to publish.
Here’s what you’ll win:
- Our friends at Four Doors Publishing will publish your book in print and ebook format.
- Your book will be edited thoroughly
- You’ll get a cover
- You’ll get assigned an ISBN
- Listed with Amazon, Barnes and Noble and just about any other place that you can think of that sells books.
- You’ll also get 50% royalties on all profit from sales.
AND, NO, THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR BOOK WILL HAVE AN INFLATED PRICE COMMONLY ASSOCIATED WITH SELF-PUBLISHED BOOKS THAT HAVE HIGH ROYALTIES. NOT ONLY WILL YOUR BOOK COMPETE COMPETITIVELY, BUT IT MAY BE ONE OF THE LOWEST PRICED BOOKS AROUND.
- You’ll be invited to be on selfpub.com as a guest to promote your book and talk about your experiences as an author.
- And more!
Here’s how it works:
I want to give you time to work on your manuscript so I am setting the deadline for April 15, 2015 by midnight MST.
Here’s what I’m accepting: Just about anything!
You can enter your collection of short stories, your collection of poetry, your fantasy, biography, text book, children’s book, and more.
In fact, I will accept your graphic novels, comic books or Manga. I will consider all types of publishable creative manuscripts. . .
I will not consider books of spells, pornography or malicious hate-books.
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Submit by April 15th, 2015 by midnight MST
- Submit your manuscript in a .doc type or pdf format only.
- Submit in 12 pt. times new roman font in default 8.5”x11” page set up. Use one-inch margins all around. Do NOT double-space. Comic books, manga and visual books are exempt from this requirement. All visual submissions such as comic books, manga or photography must not exceed 10 MB. If this interferes with being able to submit your entire manuscript, submit your ten most exciting pages of your manuscript and the remainder of the necessary documents to enter this contest. Finalists of visual books will be asked to submit more of your manuscripts.
- Submit a one to three page synopsis of your book with your manuscript.
- Finally, submit a one to two-page letter telling me what ways you plan to help me sell your book and why I should publish your book. This letter is all about you and helping me choose if you’re an author I’d feel comfortable working with and promoting.
- There’s no cost to enter and you can enter multiple manuscripts.
Any submission that does not meet these requirements will be disqualified. Take every effort to show me that you care about the success of your product as you expect me to.
The winner will be announced 4 -8 weeks after the contest deadline.